Winter School Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Apply For This Program?
- You will need to be a Graduate Student or entering Graduate School to be considered for a position in this program.
What is the Last Day Applications Can Be Submitted?
- We will be actively taking applications until midnight January 6, 2017. All applications are available online at http;//cfmm.robarts.ca/cfmm-winter-school/winter-school-2017 and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is The Program Only for Canadian Students?
- We accept applications from both Canadian as well as International students. You must be attending a Canadian University to be considered.
Is this Program only for Students with a Background in Imaging?
- We will be considering applications from students in the fields of Chemistry, Physics, Math, Computer Sciences, Biomedical Engineering and Electrical Engineering. Experience and the understanding of MRI scanners is necessary.
What Scanners Will We Be Working With?
- CFMM is proud to own three scanners all within one building. We have a 3T Siemens Magnetom Prisma, a Siemens Magnetom 7T and a Varian 9.4 Tesla scanner were hands on work during the Program.
What Topics Will Be Focused on During the Program?
- Some of the topics being covered will be: Hardware, Device Testing, SAR, Pulse Sequence, Shimming, Spectroscopy, Susceptibility Based Contrast and more.
What Grades Do I Need to be Accepted?
- Admission is Very Competitive so grades are important. We do look for strengths in all areas of the field, independent and strong work ethic, lab work, projects and papers are also considered.
Do I Have To Stay On Campus?
- We will provide all accommodations for the students attending the Program that are not located on campus but in close proximity to the facility.