Professor, Department of Physics, Western University
Profile & Research Interests
Blaine Chronik (CRC) is an internationally recognized expert in MR imaging, MR technology development (particularly magnets and gradients) and MR compatible device evaluation and plays a leadership role in the ISMRM (main international MRI society). He has served as a member of the Health Canada’s Scientific Experts Inventory since 2008, which aims to provide expert advice on the safety of new medical devices and technology for Canadians. He has worked at ≥4T since 1998. Dr. Chronik has the skills and technology to computationally simulate RF and gradient fields in tissue and measure the heating, interference, and function of devices exposed to the intense fields of the MR scanner environment.
- Heating of metallic rods induced by time-varying gradient fields in MRI. El Bannan K, Handler W, Chronik B, Salisbury SP. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2013 Jan 4.
- Development of an MRI-compatible device for prostate focal therapy. Cepek J, Chronik B, Lindner U, Trachtenberg J, Fenster A. Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv. 2012;15(Pt 1):455-62.
- First image from a combined positron emission tomography and field-cycled MRI system. Bindseil GA, Gilbert KM, Scholl TJ, Handler WB, Chronik BA. Magn Reson Med. 2011 Jul;66(1):301-5.
- Sensory and motor stimulation thresholds of the ulnar nerve from electric and magnetic field stimuli: implications to gradient coil operation. Recoskie BJ, Scholl TJ, Zinke-Allmang M, Chronik BA. Magn Reson Med. 2010 Dec;64(6):1567-79.
- Quantitative Comparison of Minimum Inductance and Minimum Power Algorithms for the Design of Shim Coils for Small Animal Imaging. Hudson P, Hudson SD, Handler WB, Scholl TJ, Chronik BA. Concepts Magn Reson Part B Magn Reson Eng. 2010 Apr 1;37B(2):65-74.
Recent Publications on Pubmed: B Chronik
- Coming soon!
- Coming soon!