Ravi Menon (Director)
Facility Director, CFMM
Profile & Research Interests
Ravi Menon (CRC) has directed the CFMM since its inception in 1994. He has 22 years of hands-on MRI, MRS and fMRI pulse-sequence and RF hardware contributions in humans at high and ultra-high magnetic fields (≥4T) and 22 years of similar experience with large animals at 4.7T, 7T and 9.4T. Along with his former Minnesota colleagues (Garwood and Ugurbil), he likely has the longest continuous high/ultra-high field track record of anyone in the world . He has the leadership experience to manage the team and extensive collaborations, with ~100 of his 140 papers published with other team members on this proposal.
- Ph.D. Medicine, University of Alberta
- M.Sc.(A) Medical Physics, McGill University
- B.Sc. Physics (Hons), University of British Columbia
- Characterization of the blood-oxygen level-dependent (BOLD) response in cat auditory cortex using high-field fMRI. Brown TA, Joanisse MF, Gati JS, Hughes SM, Nixon PL, Menon RS, Lomber SG. Neuroimage. 2013 Jan 1;64:458-65.
- Information processing architecture of functionally defined clusters in the macaque cortex. Shen K, Bezgin G, Hutchison RM, Gati JS, Menon RS, Everling S, McIntosh AR. J Neurosci. 2012 Nov 28;32(48):17465-76.
- Simultaneous in vivo pH and temperature mapping using a PARACEST-MRI contrast agent. McVicar N, Li AX, Suchý M, Hudson RH, Menon RS, Bartha R.
Magn Reson Med. 2012 Nov 19.
- Slice-by-slice B1+ shimming at 7 T. Curtis AT, Gilbert KM, Klassen LM, Gati JS, Menon RS. Magn Reson Med. 2012 Oct;68(4):1109-16.
- Mental chronometry. Menon RS. Neuroimage. 2012 Aug 15;62(2):1068-71.
Recent Publications on Pubmed: RS Menon
- Top 20 under 40, Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, 2002
- Top 40 under 40 and Best of the Top 40 under 40, Caldwell partners/Globe and Mail, 2002
- Dean’s Award of Excellence, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2004
- Canada Research Chair (Tier 2), 2001
- Canada Research Chair (Tier 1), 2005
- Canada Research Chair (Tier 1), 2012
- coming soon!