Kyle Gilbert – Research Scientist
Research Scientist, CFMM
Profile & Research Interests
Dr. Kyle Gilbert holds degrees in Biophysics (Honours B.Sc.) from the University of British Columbia and Physics (Ph.D.) from the University of Western Ontario. After completing a post-doctoral fellowship under the supervision of Dr. Ravi Menon, Kyle joined the CFMM as a Research Scientist in 2009. His current area of research focuses on the development of hardware for high-field MRI scanners. This includes the design and fabrication of transmit and receive radiofrequency arrays and their integration into the scanner architecture.
- Ph.D. Physics, University of Western Ontario
- B.Sc. Biophysics (Hons), University of British Columbia
- Slice-by-slice B1+ shimming at 7 T. Curtis AT, Gilbert KM, Klassen LM, Gati JS, Menon RS. Magn Reson Med. 2012 Oct;68(4):1109-16.
- A conformal transceive array for 7 T neuroimaging. Gilbert KM, Belliveau JG, Curtis AT, Gati JS, Klassen LM, Menon RS. Magn Reson Med. 2012 May;67(5):1487-96.
- A radiofrequency coil to facilitate B₁⁺ shimming and parallel imaging acceleration in three dimensions at 7 T. Gilbert KM, Curtis AT, Gati JS, Klassen LM, Menon RS. NMR Biomed. 2011 Aug;24(7):815-23.
- First image from a combined positron emission tomography and field-cycled MRI system. Bindseil GA, Gilbert KM, Scholl TJ, Handler WB, Chronik BA. Magn Reson Med. 2011 Jul;66(1):301-5.
- Transmit/receive radiofrequency coil with individually shielded elements. Gilbert KM, Curtis AT, Gati JS, Klassen LM, Villemaire LE, Menon RS. Magn Reson Med. 2010 Dec;64(6):1640-51.
- A Low-cost, Mechanically Simple Apparatus for Measuring Eddy-current-induced Magnetic Fields in MRI. Gilbert KM, Klassen LM, Menon RM, NMR Biomed 2013: 26(10):1285-1290
Recent Publications on Pubmed: KM Gilbert