Graduate Student, Western University
Profile & Research Interests
Ian is currently a Ph.D. student working with Dr. Ravi Menon. He is actively involved with the RF engineering group dedicated to hardware design for the high-field 7T MRI system housed at Robarts Research Institute. Ian’s work revolves around most aspects of hardware design, implementation, safety and performance testing for ultra-high field MRI.
Ian’s research interests lie in MRI hardware design and implementation; computational electromagnetic simulations, SAR and RF coils safety; multi-channel transmit and receive arrays and filter design and optimization.
- Bachelors Degree – B.Eng – from McMaster University in Engineering Physics. (Nuclear Engineering)
- Graduate Degree – Ph.D. The University of Western Ontario – Ongoing
- MRI RF Array Decoupling Method and Frequency Selective Magnetic Wall Filters, IEEE Trans. Med. Imag.
- Design of a Parallel Transmit Head Coil at 7T with Frequency Selective Magnetic Wall Filters, Submitted, IEEE Trans. Med. Imag
Awards & Scholarships
- Trainee Stipend, ISMRM 2014
- 3rd Place Poster Award, 11th Imaging Network Ontario Symposium, 2013